Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Weight watcher cards from the 1970s with commentary

One of the funniest sites I have ever found on the internet.

A few are attached for your pleasure. I highly recommend following the jump.


"This looks like hell but I sure dig the "Czarina" part. Would you enjoy Tuna Czarina, or Cottage Cheese Czarina, or Cream of Wheat Czarina? You almost would, right?

Okay, never mind.

And what's with the shower curtain on the right? "


Actually, I think it's a mumu, not a shower curtain.


"I have no idea what "shashlik" is. All I know about this dish is that it's meat. And that the meat's, uh... caucasian."


Funny, I had to look Shashlik up on Wiki. I had no idea that a mere 20 years after the Red Scare, that this dish would be a "classic adaptation." (I know that when I was in Russia, I did not see any caucasian shashliks!)


"Once upon a time the world was young and the words "mackerel" and "pudding" existed far, far away from one another.

One day, that all changed. And then, whoever was responsible somehow thought the word fluffy would help.

Oh, and eggs, too. "


The horror! I also love how it's titled "convenience fish." I have another name for that, and it's sushi.

Anyway, more hilarity ensues after the jump:
Candyboots

As for all good cults, there is a whole flickr group for people to submit their attempts at the recipes.

Make the Mackerel!


One can start to see how these recipes would have the desired effect on consumption and eventual weight loss.

Thanks for sending this in, Susan.

No comments: